Experienced 3D Design Developer
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 3D retail, fixture and exhibition development designer.
We are seeking a talented and hardworking candidate who ideally has agency based experienced in designing and developing retail, commercial interiors, display fixtures and bespoke exhibition environments. Someone able to work on a variety of retail focused interior design projects for many of our existing and new globally recognised clients. We are looking for the right candidate who’s highly skilled and motivated in the visualisation and engineering technical development of commercial spaces and displays.
You must be outgoing, confident, have strong interpersonal skills and look to become a valued key team member. You must be able to develop ideas to exceptional presentation standards and create technical drawings that inform manufacturing and production teams.
A little bit about us
WHITEROOM™ design is a successful growing UK design house. Specialists in the strategic, design, development and execution of our client’s customer facing experiences and communication – delivering:
• Retail interiors
• International exhibitions
• Brand commercial spaces
• Display fixtures and Point of Sale
• Graphic communication
• Online websites
• Digital content & engagements.
WHITEROOM™ work alongside and with some of the world’s most exciting consumer brands including Merrell, New Era, Giant Bicycles, Mitsubishi and Weirdfish. We are proud of the fact that we create lasting relationships with our clients, building on trust, experience and excellence. Established since 2004, we have built an international network of trusted suppliers and partners which allows us to offer full service solutions for our clients.
We are a multi-disciplined design agency that work on retail, exhibition, brand communication, digital and website projects. We are seeking someone who is keen to develop in the role and grow the retail design, development and management side of the business. We have a great platform for the ideal person to reach their full potential – providing you are motivated to work hard in this growing agency.
This role can either be full time or part-time for the super mum’s and dads out there. We’re looking for a candidate who loves to visualise and develop design as part of a creative team. This role is open to all from architecture, product design or computer aided design backgrounds.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience
- A close working relationship with the strategic and creative designers
- Working as team member advising on technical aspects
- Proficient and skilled use of 3D Studio Max (or similar) design software
- Creating development and presentation rendered visualisations
- Fully detail design intent packs
- Developing concepts into technical drawings
- Highly skilled computer-aided design (AUTOCAD).
- Demonstrating a passion for spatial design with a solid understanding of materials and technical possibilities.
- Working with project managers on commissioning specialist trades and suppliers
- You will need extremely good knowledge and be able to demonstrate your ability within 3D software (ideally 3D Max), AutoCad, Photoshop & InDesign.
- An appreciation & understanding of sound design principles, with a creative flair.
MOST OF ALL
A passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair; - a flexible approach when working in a team; - excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs with internal teams; good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and ideas to colleagues; time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time; accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs; - being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
We are an active bunch, and promoters of ‘One Simple Thing’. Whether that one simple thing is picking your kids up from school on a Friday afternoon, enjoying a long bike ride in the summer sun, or hitting the gym to keep up with your training programme. We actively encourage our staff to be loud and proud about the simple things that matter and are flexible in allowing you to do this.
• Optional free gym membership for a cheeky lunch workout, swim or sauna.
• Unlimited tea, coffee, espresso and water.
• Annual social events
• Full kitchen use for the chef in you
• Studio shower
• Breakout area
• Plenty of free parking
• Pension contribution scheme
• End of year bonus scheme
We would like this position to be filled immediately by someone full of energy, passionate about their work and driven to take us forward.
If you feel you can be a passionate designer for WHITEROOM™ then please send your expression of interest along with a CV and supporting relevant work to email@example.com with the title: 3D DESIGN DEVELOPER
Salary will reflect experience.
Can we help you with your next project?