The WHITEROOM design agency is a successful growing UK design house. We are specialists in the strategic, design, development and execution of our client’s customer facing experiences and communication - delivering commercial retail interiors, brand spaces, international exhibitions, graphic communication and online sites/digital engagements.
WHITEROOM work alongside and with some of the world’s most exciting brands. Some of the brands we work for view us as a natural extension to their internal teams. We pride ourselves on creating lasting relationships with our clients, built on trust, experience and excellence.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Creative Graphic/Artwork Designer to join the team at WHITEROOM.
We are seeking a creative, driven designer looking for a great opportunity to work with an exciting sports brand.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
• Working with Senior Design team
• Designing and art-working of day-to-day account projects and campaign work (70%)
• Managing account requirements and print production (15%)
• Creative ownership on other projects and working with the wider design team across other brands (15%)
This account offers a variety of projects supporting the design requirements of the brand across a number of channels including retail, advertising and marketing. This includes creative and artwork for brand level campaigns, product marketing, social media, store design and retail communication, plus other marketing collateral across print and web. You will also be responsible for ensuring the output is maintained at a high level.
Strong idea generation, creative thinking skills and an understanding of communication hierarchy are essential for the role; along with an excellent knowledge of typography and Adobe design software.
The candidate should be able to work as part of a team or individually and be proactive in managing many live projects at once; therefore good organisational skills are crucial. We are looking for someone that is driven, focused and comfortable with liaising both directly with the brand’s marketing team as well as printing partners when organising production details.
A candidate with previous experience designing for marketing campaigns would be beneficial. The ideal candidate should be passionate about leading creative on one of our exciting accounts; to maintain and strengthen an existing relationship, with a willingness to grow in the role would be ideal.
We offer a social open and collaborative environment, we encourage freedom of ideas and value everyone’s input in creating exceptional work. You’ll enjoy amongst other things, the potential to grow and progress your skill sets, support with out of work viable training programmes, internal team organised branding conferences in the Birmingham area, as well as being part of a dynamic forward thinking team of designers.
• At least 1 year’s agency experience in design/creative role.
• Strong Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills are crucial.
• Take projects from initial ideas to preparing artwork for print or screen
• Liaise with production teams to fulfil requirements.
• Good organisational skills and ability to handle multiple projects is a must for this role.
• Focused, with a thorough working approach and a high attention to detail is vital.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Personal interest in the outdoors and cycling scene may help, but is not necessary.
• Passion for current design trends including knowledge of design history and love of all things creative
We are looking for the right candidate that will bring value and energy – salary will reflect experience and potential.
We are an active bunch, and promoters of ‘One Simple Thing’. Whether that one simple thing is picking your kids up from school on a Friday afternoon, enjoying a long bike ride in the summer sun, or hitting the gym to keep up with your training programme. We actively encourage our staff to be loud and proud about the simple things that matter and are flexible in allowing you to do this.
What we offer
• Competitive salary
• Optional free gym membership at www.everyoneactive.com nationwide with the closest in Stratford for a cheeky lunch workout, swim or sauna
• Unlimited tea, coffee, espresso and water
• Free fruit… for as long as it lasts!
• Annual social events
• Full kitchen use for the chef in you
• Studio shower
• Breakout area
• Plenty of free parking
• Pension contribution scheme
• End of year bonus scheme
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send a cover letter along with examples from your portfolio or a web link to email@example.com please title it ‘GRAPHIC DESIGNER POSITION’.
Unfortunately, we do not offer any overseas working visa programmes. We are ideally looking for someone in the Warwickshire area, or someone willing to re-locate. You will need your own mode of transport.
Job Type: Full Time
PLEASE, NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Can we help you with your next project?