Whiteroom have a fantastic opportunity for a creative high-end junior or middleweight level 2D graphic designer.
We are seeking someone who is driven by quality commercial design. You’ll be required to work on a variety of projects and at times work direct with clients in briefings, presentations and on location.
You must be outgoing, confident, have strong interpersonal skills and look to become a valued key team member. You must be able to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captivate consumers.
Whiteroom are a fast-growing design agency working with some great lifestyle and product brands. We are a multi-disciplined design agency that work on retail, exhibition, brand communication, digital and website projects. We are seeking someone who is keen to develop in the role and grow the brand communication and brand development side of the business, while also supporting all our other disciplines. We have a great platform for the ideal person to reach their full potential – providing you are motivated to work hard in this growing agency.
With a strong creative team working from a stunning barn conversion based in Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, our location gives us great access to the whole country – including major cities and international airports. We have a global mind-set and seek to work with some of the largest known brands and would like someone to join us on our continued exciting journey.
The role will involve:
- meeting with clients to determine the scope of a project;
- advising clients on strategies to reach a required audience;
- determining the message the design should portray;
- creating images that identify a product or convey a message;
- developing graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites;
- selecting colours, images, text style, and layout;
- presenting the design to clients;
- incorporating changes recommended by the clients into the final design;
- reviewing designs for errors before printing or publishing them;
- working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Typical project types you will be working on include:
- retail POS;
- digital/website assets;
- large format graphics to support the exhibition and retail projects;
- look books;
- all supporting brand material.
A degree or HND in the following subjects may increase your chances:
- 3D Design;
- Communication Design;
- Fine Art;
- Graphic Design;
- Visual Art.
You will need good knowledge of and be able to demonstrate your ability within Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Apart from technical and drawing skills, you will need to show:
- passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair;
- a flexible approach when working in a team;
- excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients;
- good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues;
- time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time;
- accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs;
- being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs;
- effective networking skills to build contacts.
Salary will reflect experience.
We offer a great pension scheme, plus there is a potential end of year bonus based on company and individual performance.
Our studio space is a relaxed and professional space where everyone contributes.
If you would like to get in touch, please email us at email@example.com with your CV and small portfolio. Please title your emails with: ‘CAREERS’.
Can we help you with your next project?